This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RR 6.x and vCenter Server 6.5 (not ESXi)

I've recently been having issues with the CIP and latest browser versions so I'm thinking about upgrading vCenter Server to 6.5 so I can use the HTML5 interface (along with integrating VUM) but I'm not sure if this is supported for Rapid Recovery 6.x yet. I know there are some issues with ESXi 6.5 but I don't plan on upgrading my hosts until everything is supported.

Would there be any foreseeable issues with just upgrading vCenter to 6.5?

Additionally

I see that when upgrading from VCSA 6.0 to 6.5, you need to provide a new name for the appliance because it deploys a new machine (old one is shut down). If I am protecting machines via vCenter, is there a recommended procedure for updating RR? Should I remove and re-add vCenter? Or just edit the properties of the vCenter Server --> Host Name, Display Name? Would this re-link all protected machines?

Parents
  • No problem. Ultimately what you are trying to do should be just fine from an RR standpoint. I assure you, from the product standpoint it does work. I even currently have this exact configuration running in an ESXi 6 lab, due to the fact that I wanted to test vCenter 6.5 myself, but left the hosts alone. It does protect/restore just fine on your build and newer.
  • No problem. Ultimately what you are trying to do should be just fine from an RR standpoint. I assure you, from the product standpoint it does work. I even currently have this exact configuration running in an ESXi 6 lab, due to the fact that I wanted to test vCenter 6.5 myself, but left the hosts alone. It does protect/restore just fine on your build and newer.
Children
No Data