This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

With Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137 Can I back up folders, instead of entire drives?

I know with Appassure only entire drives could be backed up. Has that changed? I have drives that I do not need to back up in their entirety. I am now running Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137. I cannot find an answer for this in the knowledge base.

Parents
  • How are they becoming unmanageable? Its hard to give advise without know the exact pain point.

As a general rule, we tend to have very different retention setup for SQL servers vs other servers. We often run backups with a shorter duration (every 15 minutes) and keep every recovery point for 3 days. But after that, our retention drops significantly. we typically only keep a few recovery points that are older than 3 days. If you have to restore a SQL DB from an image that is 1 month old, you have serious problems.

As far as excludes/ includes. I am not aware of any way to do this with Rapid Recovery and I agree it is an annoyance as every other VSS backup I have seen can do this. But if you are interested, you maybe able to do this from VSS but I have not used this and it looks like it maybe a mess to setup and manage

msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa819132(v=vs.85).aspx
  • How are they becoming unmanageable? Its hard to give advise without know the exact pain point.

As a general rule, we tend to have very different retention setup for SQL servers vs other servers. We often run backups with a shorter duration (every 15 minutes) and keep every recovery point for 3 days. But after that, our retention drops significantly. we typically only keep a few recovery points that are older than 3 days. If you have to restore a SQL DB from an image that is 1 month old, you have serious problems.

As far as excludes/ includes. I am not aware of any way to do this with Rapid Recovery and I agree it is an annoyance as every other VSS backup I have seen can do this. But if you are interested, you maybe able to do this from VSS but I have not used this and it looks like it maybe a mess to setup and manage

msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa819132(v=vs.85).aspx
Children
No Data