This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

With Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137 Can I back up folders, instead of entire drives?

I know with Appassure only entire drives could be backed up. Has that changed? I have drives that I do not need to back up in their entirety. I am now running Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137. I cannot find an answer for this in the knowledge base.

Parents
  • We have DB servers with bases of almost 1TB. I routinely have incremental backups of at least 700GB, because so much data is being changed on a daily basis. Because the way the servers are set up and I can only back up entire drives, and not just folders, I am backing more than I need to. Plus these servers get replicated. That is what is causing the problems. If I ever have to rebase a 2TB server, it takes 4 days to replicate it. Plus I am running out of storage space.
    We are in the process of moving our datacenter and I have to come up with at least of 10 TB of space. I am looking for ways to do that.
  • We have DB servers with bases of almost 1TB. I routinely have incremental backups of at least 700GB, because so much data is being changed on a daily basis. Because the way the servers are set up and I can only back up entire drives, and not just folders, I am backing more than I need to. Plus these servers get replicated. That is what is causing the problems. If I ever have to rebase a 2TB server, it takes 4 days to replicate it. Plus I am running out of storage space.
    We are in the process of moving our datacenter and I have to come up with at least of 10 TB of space. I am looking for ways to do that.
Children
No Data