This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

With Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137 Can I back up folders, instead of entire drives?

I know with Appassure only entire drives could be backed up. Has that changed? I have drives that I do not need to back up in their entirety. I am now running Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137. I cannot find an answer for this in the knowledge base.

Parents
  • Are you sure you don't have native SQL backup jobs or something like that occurring on these volumes that write .bak files? We see that quite often. If you have a native SQL backup job that writes a .bak file to the same disk as the database it causes huge incrementals. If that's what it is, either add a disk to the server to add them to so that they aren't being backed up or have them written to another machine that isn't being backed up.

The other thing to check is SQL jobs that do things like reindexing or other data intensive jobs. Do those need to run daily? Can you have them run weekly or bi-weekly instead. I have seen a couple of SQL environments where overly aggressive SQL jobs cause more pain than solve problems with data integrity/speed of the database.
  • Are you sure you don't have native SQL backup jobs or something like that occurring on these volumes that write .bak files? We see that quite often. If you have a native SQL backup job that writes a .bak file to the same disk as the database it causes huge incrementals. If that's what it is, either add a disk to the server to add them to so that they aren't being backed up or have them written to another machine that isn't being backed up.

The other thing to check is SQL jobs that do things like reindexing or other data intensive jobs. Do those need to run daily? Can you have them run weekly or bi-weekly instead. I have seen a couple of SQL environments where overly aggressive SQL jobs cause more pain than solve problems with data integrity/speed of the database.
Children
No Data