This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade to 6.1.2.115 lost core console access

After upgrading 3 cores to 6.1.2.115, two had no problems, but the third responds with "Error occurred during request execution Go to Home Page - Contact Support" when attempting to open Core Console GUI. Ran "Repair" twice, and re-booted, without success. Performing a "Get-ActiveJobs -all" in Powershell returns "Unable to connect to host localhost:8006. The server is either offline or unreachable." Tried with 3 different browsers, same results. All Services show as running.

Parents
  • Yes, see last sentence of description. Technically, it didn't actually crash, and support didn't have an answer, except to pass it on to the devs, who never responded. Btw, don't try to get support on a weekend. No one is around, apparently, and has to be paged. You also, even if you work there, cannot contact the devs on weekends. "Enterprise" software. The support tech, as I said, did not have a clue, but did give me a tutorial on how to read the app recovery logs, which helped. Once I saw the reason (that 127.0.0.1:8006 could not be accessed), I went to the IIS logs and found that the default web site had not been started, and was not staking in a starter state. Starting that, an "iisreset", and a re-boot took care of it and I was able to administer the Core. The Core services had always been running, and luckily I had been smart enough to pause all the protections or the repositories probably would have been hosed. Nothing trying connect to 8006 was working due to IIS owning it, and locking it up. This is probably the most tentative and finicky software I've ever seen. We have a big time investment in RR, but their change to Quest has made the investment questionable. We'll be looking at another solution this month. It's the beginning of our fiscal year, so we may have to do some budget adjustments, but this software is bullshit
  • Yes, see last sentence of description. Technically, it didn't actually crash, and support didn't have an answer, except to pass it on to the devs, who never responded. Btw, don't try to get support on a weekend. No one is around, apparently, and has to be paged. You also, even if you work there, cannot contact the devs on weekends. "Enterprise" software. The support tech, as I said, did not have a clue, but did give me a tutorial on how to read the app recovery logs, which helped. Once I saw the reason (that 127.0.0.1:8006 could not be accessed), I went to the IIS logs and found that the default web site had not been started, and was not staking in a starter state. Starting that, an "iisreset", and a re-boot took care of it and I was able to administer the Core. The Core services had always been running, and luckily I had been smart enough to pause all the protections or the repositories probably would have been hosed. Nothing trying connect to 8006 was working due to IIS owning it, and locking it up. This is probably the most tentative and finicky software I've ever seen. We have a big time investment in RR, but their change to Quest has made the investment questionable. We'll be looking at another solution this month. It's the beginning of our fiscal year, so we may have to do some budget adjustments, but this software is bullshit
Children
No Data