This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2016 Log Truncation Not Happening

Exchange 2016 on top of Server 2012 R2 deployed in December of 2016
Rapid Recovery Version: 6.1.1.137

Nightly jobs:

Rollup YES
Recovery Point Integrity Checks  NO
Checksum of Exchange Databases NO
Log Truncation  YES
Enable automatic mountability check NO

RR has NEVER truncated logs, but backups are going hourly.  I have about a BILLION log files on the Exchange server. We could call it a "log jam" :-)

Parents
  • Hi JRuehle:

You are correct in that as long as you cannot log in with your credentials you won't be able to do the log truncation.

I would suggest using the format of <domain>\<user> and try again. In most cases you should be able to log in without any problems.

However, I have seen cases where it was impossible to connect directly to a computer in a domain from a machine outside the domain. that was caused by some very peculiar group policies. It should not be your case as you were able to protect the Exchange server -- thus your credentials were accepted (have you used local credentials for the Exchange Server when you protected it?)

• Hi JRuehle:

You are correct in that as long as you cannot log in with your credentials you won't be able to do the log truncation.

I would suggest using the format of <domain>\<user> and try again. In most cases you should be able to log in without any problems.

However, I have seen cases where it was impossible to connect directly to a computer in a domain from a machine outside the domain. that was caused by some very peculiar group policies. It should not be your case as you were able to protect the Exchange server -- thus your credentials were accepted (have you used local credentials for the Exchange Server when you protected it?)

Children
No Data