This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2016 Log Truncation Not Happening

Exchange 2016 on top of Server 2012 R2 deployed in December of 2016
Rapid Recovery Version: 6.1.1.137

Nightly jobs:

Rollup YES
Recovery Point Integrity Checks  NO
Checksum of Exchange Databases NO
Log Truncation  YES
Enable automatic mountability check NO

RR has NEVER truncated logs, but backups are going hourly.  I have about a BILLION log files on the Exchange server. We could call it a "log jam" :-)

Parents
  • Have you restarted the Rapid Recovery core service or server since changing the permissions of the user account you used to protect the Exchange server? Those credentials should now have the rights to be able to view the Exchange data and run the log truncation job. I'm wondering if for some reason the permissions update just isn't being recognized. A reboot might help break things loose...
  • Have you restarted the Rapid Recovery core service or server since changing the permissions of the user account you used to protect the Exchange server? Those credentials should now have the rights to be able to view the Exchange data and run the log truncation job. I'm wondering if for some reason the permissions update just isn't being recognized. A reboot might help break things loose...
Children
No Data