This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replication Error - version string portion was too short or too long.

I have two Rapdid Recovery Core, both version are 6.0.2.144.

I want to setup one as source and the other one as target. When I almost finished the last step of Replicate wizard, it's shows error "version string portion was too short or too long."

I don't check option "Use a seed drive to perform the initial transfer or Initially pause replication"

Thanks in advance.

• Hi JChen -- the first step is bringing the RapidRecovery installation to the newest build. To do it you need to install the latest cumulative update (in this case CU 2). You can get it from here:
    support.software.dell.com/.../download-new-releases
    The CU2 is located on the last line of the page.
    You need to stop the both the core service and the SRM Web Service before attempting the installation and install the CU-2 (P-1859.msi) in compatibility mode.
    Once this is done, please attempt to pair the target core to the source in the Replication tab and add the agents to replicate only after the pairing is successful. If the issue persists, this would help to determine how far is it possible to go into the process before failing.
    Please let us know how it goes.
  • Tried to download CU 2, but it's shows "Unable to proceed the request. Our records indicate you are no longer current on maintenance. Contact one of our renewal representatives today to insure your investment is secure."

I guess we didn't renew the contract with Dell but I am assuming we still get the update for the software.
  • Alas -- like in many other cases in the industry -- the software updates are a part of the maintenance contract.
  • Hi JChen,

Software updates and releases are one of several primary services provided under the maintenance & support agreement. The purchase of a new license includes the first year of maintenance and would be renewed prior to its expiration.

Your renewal rep and/or channel partner would have contacted the designated person under your account. If you have not already done so, you can request that renewal quote here or I would be happy to connect you with your rep, directly.