This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Expanding DR Strategy Question(s)

Hi All,

I currently have a repository for my mission critical servers and a standby hypervisor that I export VM's to. I want to add another off site hypervisor (it's connected to us by fiber already) but I am not sure how to make it work. I am not opposed to buying more licenses.

Since you can't export to two hypervisors (hint hint) my first though was to turn on VM replication between the on site hypervisor and the off site one but this does not work. The scheduled export to VM  fails if the hypervisor has replication pending.

My second thought was add the offsite hypervisor as another core but in the case of a disaster I don't think it would really help me. I really need a standby VM there and ready to turn on. Exporting from the core to the hypervisor takes about 20 hours for one of my servers never mind needing several. I have not tried exporting a VM locally from the core but I can't imagine it's as fast as one that is already there.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Parents Reply Children