Change the auto update path

The issues some people are having with the new version brought up an old question. 

We disable the auto-update check on our cores since we don't want production cores upgraded with a simple click. We do internal testing on updates before we push it out to production but once a version is tested it would be great if all cores could then see that version.

So my question is, would it be possible to change the location that cores look to for new updates? We would like to stop cores from looking at where ever it looks at quest and instead look at some internal location were we post updates once they are tested. 

I suppose a hack would be to replace the download links under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\AutoUpdate\manifest from https://rapidrecovery.s3 .... to our links but I don't think that is a particularly elegant way and only changes the download location vs where the core is looking for updates

Parents
  • Is it possible to change the location that cores look to for new updates? No. Currently it's all hard-coded. You've got a great idea for a feature request though. I highly recommend entering it at ideas.labs.quest.com.

Hacking the registry is not recommended as those keys are cached and will be updated/overwritten each time the core checks in with the License Portal. So even if you did change it, it won't last long.

• Is it possible to change the location that cores look to for new updates? No. Currently it's all hard-coded. You've got a great idea for a feature request though. I highly recommend entering it at ideas.labs.quest.com.

Hacking the registry is not recommended as those keys are cached and will be updated/overwritten each time the core checks in with the License Portal. So even if you did change it, it won't last long.

Children
No Data