Help troubleshooting Azure archive (powershell)

We are seeing a lot of issues when setting up cloud accounts to Azure. We know the issue is with Azure but since its being configured from RR we are always involved (and blamed)

Could anyone help me find a way to test the information that RR uses to setup a cloud account but outside of RR?

I am thinking it could be done with powershell fairly easy but I am not sure what would be required. I would love it if there was a quick script/ commandlet I could type into powershell to test the customers setup. If it fails in powershell then they know the issue is azure not RR. It also seems like it maybe easier to troubleshoot this way also

I tried to ind enough information from azure logging and RR but they don't seem to pass enough information for me to pull the cmd apart

Thanks in advance

• Ah, so let me clear up some misconceptions. I don't have any access to the source code. No one in support does. So "take a look at the code" is not something I (or anyone in support) can do. I do know that we don't just use powershell commands to interact with Azure. In almost all cases we use API calls. So even if I could look at the code (which I can't) and I were to pull out what we are doing, what I'd get is a list of functions that make API calls that you couldn't easily put into a powershell script. You'd basically have to design a small application to do exactly what we are already doing, so that's not really helpful to you. Nor would that be quick for you to build (unless your a developer with a good understanding of Azure APIs). 

So to do this with a powershell script I'd be starting from the same point you did, and would have to start from scratch reading the Azure powershell documentation to figure out how to make calls that imitate or at least test the same functions that RR is doing in the GUI. Even then if you use powershell it isn't using the same functions RR is, so it's not a true apples to apples comparison.

• The client ID and the Object ID should both be visible on the app registration you created.

That should be what it is passing through to try and authenticate.

One of our engineers recreated this specific issue by not giving the app registration IAM permissions on the subscription. So that's probably where I'd start.

• The API calls to Azure are pretty easy to read, you can look up a few examples if you are interested (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/azure/)

So it would be a great starting point to try and translate them from json (for example) to powershell or CLI (and if not, we have developers on our side who could help me)

As far as access, I am surprised that no one in support has access to at least read code but even so I am sure there is a process for support to ping Dev if you wanted.

Dont worry, I think I have the powershell script almost done so I can prove its a Azure configuration issue but I still don't know why its failing

• Will send you private message. The 123 does not match any of those numbers

• To ping dev and ask, I need you to open a support case and we can escalate it. That's the only way I can ping Dev to get that kind info for a customer. That's our policy.

• Makes sense, I think I almost have it complete so no need