remove storage location from repository

I have a repository that has 7 storage locations that are all drives on the local core server, is there anyway to remove one or more of the locations from the repository? I have plenty of free space on the repository.  Thanks  Jay

Parents Reply Children
  • I don't think the TN I linked would work or you FYI (I just re-read it) I think you would end up with 7 different locations. They could be all on the same device if that matters but not the same folder.

I think the repository setup is a mess and I would love if they would re-write the whole thing but I doubt it going to happen. Each time they say i new version is making changes to the repo structure I get excited. Its a massive pain to deal with fairly common issues like space, moving, server upgrades

• I agree with you... this is a huge gap in the management of the application in my opinion as well.  Without being able to manage storage locations as hardware may fluctuate, they should at least clearly identify that in documentation and maybe even recommend a strategy of limiting storage locations to different repositories so that you don't have a huge repository that you can no longer manipulate so easily if you need to juggle your storage due to hardware changes.

• Our user guide explicitly states "Once you specify the size of a repository, its size cannot be reduced later."  That line can be found here:

support.quest.com/.../7

We would love to be able to reduce the size of a repository by removing an extent. It's something we have asked for within Quest for years as well. However, we simply have never been able to get it prioritized above other features that have been requested.