Failed to write a block of data. The repository might be unavailable or corrupted

Hi, I had this error two days ago

Failed to write a block of data. The repository might be unavailable or corrupted

I managed to check the repository and rerun the failed backups.

Today I found a back up had lost one of it's drives and failed because it didn't have enough space to back the drive up (4.5TB)

However it has lost all the recovery points for that drive but the space hasn't been returned to the repository.

Anyone know how I can delete the lost recovery chain?

Thanks

• Deleting data from the repository results in the data being marked for deletion and then the background job "Deleting Index RPFS Files" (we refer to this as Deferred Delete or DD) has to run to actually reclaim that space. So you need to check and see if those deletes are running by looking at the events tab and clicking the gear filter icon to show the background tasks that are running. If DD jobs are running then it's still freeing up space.

In your case it sounds like there is more than just the delete queue is backlogged and needs time to catch up. The repository might be unavailable or corrupted and then you are missing backups seems like a much more serious problem. I'd recommend opening a support case to have the Support Team assist with investigation.