Can License Portal check frequency be reduced?

Each day, I have at least one "Failed to contact the license portal". It's attempting contact every 10 minutes. Honestly, does it need to check that often? Once per day, or even hour, would be fine with me. I'm tired of these false alarms in my box daily. I'd rather not have to mark them as spam, because what if it's legit?

Parents
  • I opened a case on this when I noticed it was every 10 minutes. They told me the 10 minute check to "License Portal" is actual a connection to Qportal and NOT the license portal. I asked for them to put an bug in to change the description (this causes a ton of issues with our monitors) and make the setting adjustable (it is not to answer your question) I doubt the tech took any action.

• The License Portal check frequency cannot be changed. It is once per hour.

The QorePortal check frequency cannot be changed. It is once per 10 minutes.

The two are logged in the alerts and journal with the same log message. This is not correct behavior and a defect was created when it was reported by  . Here is the defect ID - RR-110089. It is slated to be fixed in 6.5 (the next release).

If you would like to stop the core from contacting the QorePortal, you can disable it in the Core Settings page. In older versions it was called the "Data Protection Portal". In the latest version it is called the QorePortal.

• The License Portal check frequency cannot be changed. It is once per hour.

The QorePortal check frequency cannot be changed. It is once per 10 minutes.

The two are logged in the alerts and journal with the same log message. This is not correct behavior and a defect was created when it was reported by  . Here is the defect ID - RR-110089. It is slated to be fixed in 6.5 (the next release).

If you would like to stop the core from contacting the QorePortal, you can disable it in the Core Settings page. In older versions it was called the "Data Protection Portal". In the latest version it is called the QorePortal.

Children