Can Rapid Recovery backup machines over a VPN connection?

We are allowing workers to stay home for weeks or months now. I am not getting backups while the users are on a VPN connection from their home to our office. Is this even possible? And if it is, can you suggest things that may be preventing successful backups?

Parents
  • Here are my thoughts but we don't use any VPN's on our sites so this information is from previous work (not related to RR) The application has no knowledge of what is between the agent and the core so I would not expect a vpn to affect the application itself. But vpn's create private networks between points so you have to make sure the ip/ route between the core and agent can be resolved and a connection made. How this is done depends on the vpn you use, so I would contact the vpn vendor as a first step

It may help if you treat it like a normal network/ route issue. Check ipconfig, ping, nslookup, tracert etc. You will probably find these are not what you expect due to the vpn software

• Here are my thoughts but we don't use any VPN's on our sites so this information is from previous work (not related to RR) The application has no knowledge of what is between the agent and the core so I would not expect a vpn to affect the application itself. But vpn's create private networks between points so you have to make sure the ip/ route between the core and agent can be resolved and a connection made. How this is done depends on the vpn you use, so I would contact the vpn vendor as a first step

It may help if you treat it like a normal network/ route issue. Check ipconfig, ping, nslookup, tracert etc. You will probably find these are not what you expect due to the vpn software

Children
No Data