Ransomware protections

like most companies we are trying our best to NOT get infected by Ransomware, but....  assuming we do get infected.

I understand that RR core service locks the backup files from being encrypted, that's a great start.  but if it's human operated and they get into the core server... game over.  Are there any built in replication type protections that people are using?   what are people doing so they can sleep at night?  my first step was to remove both source and target RR servers from the domain and give them strong local admin passwords.  I see that these servers have Admin share and c$,d$ shares turned on, do I need those turned on for RR to function?    thanks!   Quest could put together a simple document like, "10 things to do to help prevent backup encryption". that's what I need!

Parents Reply
  • Correct. Deleting the archive job DOES NOT destroy the archive itself. I encourage you to try it on something trivial (as I did before I replied on 6.4 and 6.5 just to make sure I was correct in that thinking). Same with deleting a replication job, on the source the data stays, the target asks 'do you want to delete?' For archives though, deleting the job, that just deletes the job, nothing else. 

Children
No Data