Anyone using Synthetic Incrementals

I'm rolling out 6.5 and am very interested in the new synthetic incremental functionality. Unfortunately, the only documentation on it is in the 6.5 release notes saying that it exists. Is anyone using them? Can you share your experience, hang-ups, shortcuts?

Parents
  • Hello Kyle,
    I apologize for the late response. The synthetic incremental is a new feature of version 6.5 of Rapid Recovery. It allows the software to take a differential backup instead of a base image, making the new backup significantly smaller. There can be multiple reasons for an unexpected base image, you can refer to the following KB 118467 for more information.
    To benefit from this feature, both the Rapid Recovery Core server and the protected Agent must have the Rapid Recovery version 6.5.installed, it also works for agentless-based protection. This feature needs to be enabled from the Rapid Recovery settings to automatically take a synthetic incremental instead of a base image.
    Please let us know if you have further inquiries.
  • Hello Kyle,
    I apologize for the late response. The synthetic incremental is a new feature of version 6.5 of Rapid Recovery. It allows the software to take a differential backup instead of a base image, making the new backup significantly smaller. There can be multiple reasons for an unexpected base image, you can refer to the following KB 118467 for more information.
    To benefit from this feature, both the Rapid Recovery Core server and the protected Agent must have the Rapid Recovery version 6.5.installed, it also works for agentless-based protection. This feature needs to be enabled from the Rapid Recovery settings to automatically take a synthetic incremental instead of a base image.
    Please let us know if you have further inquiries.
Children
No Data