Any unfortunate souls using Quest Rapid Recovery?

Backup- and recovery-wise it isn't bad at all, it's not Veeam, but it'll do. Replication-wise though... Oh my god.
I have 40TB-ish backup-data on a main-site, the retention policy is:

• All recovery points from the last 24 hours.

• 1 recovery point per day for the last 28 days.

• 1 recovery point per mouth for the last 12 months.

Now I want to replicate the last 7 days offsite to a second core.
I setup replication and set the retention policy on the secondary core to: https://9apps.ooo/

• All recovery point from the last 24 hours.

• 1 recovery point per day for the last 7 days.

I figured that Rapid Recovery would replicate the most recent base image and then roll up the recovery points to match the 7 day retention on the target core.
But no, instead it replicates every goddamn recovery point from the source-core, the whole 40TB over my WAN-connection, and then afterwards it rolls up and deletes the 358 days worth of recovery points on the target-core, which doesn't match the retention policy.

I'm currently looking for a 40TB+ Seed-Drive, if anyone got a spare?

• Awe, that's not a fair title, especially when the specific function you're using, that behavior is actually kinda common in DP. 

Correct, the data has to 'get' there first before retention kicks in. That logic has been in there in RR's predecessors too (Reply and AppAssure). Come to think of, it'd have to check, for secondary locations for recovers points (RR's replication) that is generally common for incremental for life DP solutions. Again, the Replication term changes between vendors, but the function of keeping offsite data, unless it is for flat archival (which RR can divide up the dates if you wish), yup the full data set has to match before the retention will kick in. Hands down, yes indeed. Cheers.