Clearing old redundant data from repository

We've got 2x Rapid Recovery Cores backing up and replicating to each other, exact same specs and repository sizes.  One of the cores though seems to have a lot less free space than the other and after going through the recovery points and comparing them between each core, i can't see why.  The retention policy is the same for each core as well and the recovery points are being removed from the list as expected.

I believe there is a nightly task that cleans up the repository, does anyone know where that is to check if it's running properly or anything else i can look at?

Top Replies

Parents
  • We've got 2x Rapid Recovery Cores backing up and replicating to each other, exact same specs and repository sizes.  One of the cores though seems to have a lot less free space than the other and after going through the recovery points and comparing them between each core, i can't see why.  The retention policy is the same for each core as well and the recovery points are being removed from the list as expected.

The possible reasons I can think of are:

1. The replication is not in sync from one of the servers to the other.
    2. Roll up not running properly in one or multiple agents in one of the servers
    3. Repository white space, this sometimes happens due to unexpected shutdowns

I believe there is a nightly task that cleans up the repository, does anyone know where that is to check if it's running properly or anything else i can look at?

You can check the nightly task by going into the core events (the beat icon) and typing rolling up in the filter field.

• I've looked at the first 2 already and i don't believe it's them, how do i clear the white space?

• Sadly, the only way to clear white space from a repository is to recreate the repository, before going that way I suggest creating a ticket with the support team so they can do an in-depth review of both systems and logs to confirm if the problem is indeed white space or something else. 

Reply Children