Exchange database checksum stuck - first try - stuck canceling

Performing the checksum check on the Exchange database(s) has been running for 1 day+.    I have canceled it as it seemed to stop making progress.  I've never run a checksum check before, so I can't say it ever worked.  
I noticed a "Deleting index RPFS" job started about 20 seconds after the checksum started,     that RPFS job was also stuck.. I'm trying to cancel that too.   BOTH the checksum job and RPFS job are now stuck canceling.   Can I just reboot the RR server?  or should I wait. (I've only been waiting about 30min for these jobs to cancel).   
fyi, previous mountablity checks DID work.  just the checksum is a monster job I guess. 
edit; found another post here where the recommendation was to kill core.service.    well, it won't stop!.   I tried services, it didn't stop.  now when I try to kill it says Access Denied.   I'm rebooting server now.    CPU usage stopped when tried to kill it.
edit; predictable, server is stuck trying to rebooting (Please wait for system event notification service).  I'll wait here for a bit.
Parents
  • You can always stop the core service through MS services and wait for the service to finish. Even if it times out, it'll finish ... eventually. To the original issue, especially if you never ran it, the Checksum check will take a long time to run. Then it depends on size, speed of disks, and core resources as to how fast that first pass will take. However it will have to finish otherwise it'll just keep doing that over and over and over, unless you turn it off. It is just a big job, especially at first. The RPFS jobs run in the back ground whenever they can and/or whenever the files they need to purge are not locked. So they fact the just picked up and ran is normal. Generally I'd suggest to not cancel the RPFS jobs, stopping the core service is one thing and letting RR shut itself down, cancelling any database from deleting data however, I wouldn't recommend doing for any vendor personally.

• You can always stop the core service through MS services and wait for the service to finish. Even if it times out, it'll finish ... eventually. To the original issue, especially if you never ran it, the Checksum check will take a long time to run. Then it depends on size, speed of disks, and core resources as to how fast that first pass will take. However it will have to finish otherwise it'll just keep doing that over and over and over, unless you turn it off. It is just a big job, especially at first. The RPFS jobs run in the back ground whenever they can and/or whenever the files they need to purge are not locked. So they fact the just picked up and ran is normal. Generally I'd suggest to not cancel the RPFS jobs, stopping the core service is one thing and letting RR shut itself down, cancelling any database from deleting data however, I wouldn't recommend doing for any vendor personally.

Children
No Data