I am receiving an error every night specifically at 8pm and the transfer fails, transfer is successful every other hour of the day, The transfer failed: 'Timeout taking VSS snapshot of XXX'

I have this server setup to backup every hour and is successful every time but failed every single day only at 8pm, The transfer failed: 'Timeout taking VSS snapshot of xxx', Read on another post about sql but this sever isnt set up that way, and after checking event logs i do not see any errors or anything of significance at around that time. I do have the stack trace for this issue.

Parents
  • This could be another task that runs at that particular that causes conflict, you can start by changing the backup schedule to be at XX:15 or XX:30: or XX:45 every hour for a few days and monitor the backups. If this ends up resolving the problem then you can either leave it like that or monitor the system at the hour that the backup fails and see if there is any other task running, perhaps another backup application that runs a daily backup or a Windows task either defrag, optimization or anything like that.

• This could be another task that runs at that particular that causes conflict, you can start by changing the backup schedule to be at XX:15 or XX:30: or XX:45 every hour for a few days and monitor the backups. If this ends up resolving the problem then you can either leave it like that or monitor the system at the hour that the backup fails and see if there is any other task running, perhaps another backup application that runs a daily backup or a Windows task either defrag, optimization or anything like that.

Children