This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to make replication more reliable?

We replicate across the country.  We did a seed drive initially and have generally been happy with the replication.  

It seems lately that the connection in Portland has become less reliable, so my question is: how can I made sure replication has the lightest impact on the ISP/modem.  

1) is it possible for a replication session to survive a full ISP connection drop, if it's only about 1 or 2 min long??

2) I've set the max speed to 5/MBs (which is more than the whole uplink anyway) and I JUST changed Max Parallel Streams from 4 to 2.  I'm thinking Max Parallel Streams might be a really good thing to lighten the load.  and I'll reduce the Max Speed too. 

3) I set Cache and Session timeout to Max (60).  

The 2 settings I've just changed, will they take affect immediately, or does the core need to restart, or replication need to restart?

AND I'm I on the right track?

thanks,

Jordan

• Hi Jordanl:
    You are on the right track. However, your circumstances seem to be difficult to overcome. 5MB/s is about 40Mb/s -- which is a relatively good connection bandwidth. However, I do not see hos disconnections of 1 or 2 minutes long would keep your replications going. Theoretically, a replication resumes from where it was disconnected (unless the target core service was restarted). I do not want to discourage you but, if you know of interruptions of 1 or 2 minutes, there is most likely that there are other issues related to the connection that would affect the integrity of your replication.
    #2 and #3 changes do not require a core service restart.
    Hope that this helps.