what should be the basic structure to implement RMAD 10.3 in lab

Hello 

I need to setup lab to check with RMAD 10 for 4 DC Server later in production.

1. what would be architecture for RMAD .

2. Can I install RMAD ,Forest Recovery Agent and  Secure Storage Server requirements on same Windows Server 2022 Server.

3. What is network criteria for all these server with DC Server in multi-forest environment. 

4 .do i need to domain join these servers?

any detail related to this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Richa

• 1. RMAD Architecture for 4 DC Servers

The recommended architecture for RMAD 10 for 4 DC servers is as follows:

• RMAD Server: This is the central server that manages the recovery process. It should be installed on a dedicated server with sufficient resources.

• Forest Recovery Agent (FRA): This is a lightweight agent that is installed on each domain controller in the forest. It is responsible for communicating with the RMAD Server and participating in the recovery process.

• Secure Storage Server (SSS): This is an optional server that can be used to store recovery data securely. It is not required for all RMAD deployments.

2. Installing RMAD, FRA, and SSS on the Same Server

Yes, you can install RMAD, FRA, and SSS on the same server. This can be a convenient option for smaller deployments. However, it is recommended to separate these components onto different servers for larger deployments. This can help to improve performance and scalability.

3. Network Criteria for Multi-forest Environment

All servers in the RMAD deployment must be able to communicate with each other over the network. The RMAD Server must also be able to communicate with the domain controllers in each forest.

4. Do I Need to Domain Join These Servers?

You do not need to domain join the RMAD Server, FRA, or SSS servers to the domain. However, domain joining them can provide some benefits, such as centralized management and simplified access.

Additional Considerations

• Network bandwidth: The RMAD deployment requires sufficient network bandwidth to support the recovery process.

• Data replication: The FRAs and SSS (if used) must be able to replicate recovery data between each other.

• Security: The RMAD deployment should be configured with appropriate security measures to protect sensitive data.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.