Factory Alarms - Days Since Last Full Backup

Hi all,

I have noticed that Spotlight would raise Days Since Last Full Backup alarm with "A full backup has never been taken for database XXXXX" message whenever a new DB is created but the first scheduled backup not yet occurred.

I am just wondering if it would be practical if Quest could modify this deaulf (factory) alarm to account for the DB creation date/time. So, basically, if a new DB was created but the time between the creation and now has not reached the first threshold the "full backup has never been taken" should not be displayed. This would eliminate false alarms and make it cleaner. I know that the entry with the threshold from -1 to 0 can be completely removed/disabled, but it is not the most elegant solution, as it would be beneficial for a DBA to distinguish between the situation when a backup never occured for a DB and a backup has not been taken for certain period of time. Also, I know that this goal can be achieved with custom alarms (custom query), but I think fine-tuning the factory alarm would be more convenient.

What are your thoughts?

Parents Reply Children
No Data