Enhancement in email notification sent for Planned Outage option

I would like to suggest an Enhancement in email notification sent for Planned Outage option.

For ex: There are 10 connections in a planned outage option and scheduled.

When planned outage begins then spotlight sends one mail for each connection that the connection is in planned outage after that planned outage ends then spotlight sends one mail for each connection that the planned outage is ended. So we are are getting 10+10=20 mails for this example.

I would like to suggest that there shoule be an option in planned outage to

1> limit notification to one mail for all connections

or

2> send seperate notifications for each connection

Please advice.

Parents
  • Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Because the current design of Alarm Action rules is based on one email per alarm and Planned Outage alarms are based on each connection, the emails will be based on each alarm, hence, the separate notifications.

In case you have multiple Planned Outage rules, you can setup a separate Alarm Action rule for each Planned Outage rule. In each Alarm Action rule add the additional 'Connection is' condition and specify one of the connections in the Planned Outage rule. Change the email subject/content and replace the connection name with the group or tag name of connections in the Planned Outage rule. You can perhaps use this as a workaround and you'll only receive the notification once when connections enter Planned Outage time period and once they exit it.

Hope that helps. Let me know your thoughts.

Gita

• Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Because the current design of Alarm Action rules is based on one email per alarm and Planned Outage alarms are based on each connection, the emails will be based on each alarm, hence, the separate notifications.

In case you have multiple Planned Outage rules, you can setup a separate Alarm Action rule for each Planned Outage rule. In each Alarm Action rule add the additional 'Connection is' condition and specify one of the connections in the Planned Outage rule. Change the email subject/content and replace the connection name with the group or tag name of connections in the Planned Outage rule. You can perhaps use this as a workaround and you'll only receive the notification once when connections enter Planned Outage time period and once they exit it.

Hope that helps. Let me know your thoughts.

Gita

Children
No Data