Spotlight Client connection via VPN

I am currently working from home due to the Corona Virus crisis, I guess that's a pretty common situation at the moment.

For my work I need to I install the Spotlight Client on my local home computer and connect to the diagnostic server within the company's network. The issue is, that I am connected to the network via VPN and my local computer is not part of the Windows domain, i.e. I am not authenticating towards the Spotlight Diagnostic server and the connection get refused. 

Is there a way around or a way to add credentials to the connection information for the diagnostic server (within the Spotlight Client)?

• Hi Martin,

I can provide a workaround that might work for you to connect a non-domain Spotlight client workstation connect to a remote Diagnostic Server host. It would require that you create a new user on both the client machine and Diagnostic Server host.

1. In Spotlight client machine, create a new local user name i.e. spotlight with password xyz
    2. In Diagnostic Server host, create a new local user with the same name i.e. spotlight and same password xyz. Add the new user to the “Spotlight Diagnostic Administrators” Windows group.
    3. In Spotlight client machine, use the 'run as different user' option to launch Spotlight client.
    4. Enter '.\spotlight' for user field and enter password
    4. Input the correct Diagnostic Server address in Spotlight client using the Configure | Diagnostic Server option.

Hope that helps out.

Gita
    Spotlight support team

• Hi Gita, that works perfectly. Thank you very much Slight smile