This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stat Environment Refresh

I'm looking at the Stat functionality to record Environment Refreshes.  I'm confused why an environment refresh would be tied to a specific CSR.  If env1 is refreshed from env2, it impacts any CSRs which migrated objects to env2, but to see details on a refresh event or make changes to the refresh event, I need to go into that specific CSR I entered the env refresh info into?  How do most people use this functionality?  Should there be a separate CSR Type for tracking Environment Refreshes?

Parents
  • I believe there are two main goals of the Refresh CSR. One is to document the source, date and reason for the refresh. The second is to ensure that after the refresh, all state based reporting for the target environment is correct. Thus in your example, the state based reporting after the refresh will reflect all of the objects migrated to env2 prior to the refresh date. So the one specific CSR is just for those purposes and the other object specific CSRs are are documented for the activity based reporting where those object were originally migrated.
    Does that help?
  • I believe there are two main goals of the Refresh CSR. One is to document the source, date and reason for the refresh. The second is to ensure that after the refresh, all state based reporting for the target environment is correct. Thus in your example, the state based reporting after the refresh will reflect all of the objects migrated to env2 prior to the refresh date. So the one specific CSR is just for those purposes and the other object specific CSRs are are documented for the activity based reporting where those object were originally migrated.
    Does that help?
Children
No Data