This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stat Environment Refresh

I'm looking at the Stat functionality to record Environment Refreshes.  I'm confused why an environment refresh would be tied to a specific CSR.  If env1 is refreshed from env2, it impacts any CSRs which migrated objects to env2, but to see details on a refresh event or make changes to the refresh event, I need to go into that specific CSR I entered the env refresh info into?  How do most people use this functionality?  Should there be a separate CSR Type for tracking Environment Refreshes?

Parents
  • The document Jeff provided is still relevant. The short answer is best practice is to use environment refresh CSRs. Refreshing environments without all stakeholders knowing an environment was refreshed could impact user testing as well as lead to environments being out of sync. As a former Stat user, I also used Environment refreshes to manage the refresh process and make sure it had the appropriate approvals and notifications to all stake holders before the refresh was scheduled and appropriate validation and testing was performed after the refresh before it was released to users. Environment refreshes can be expensive and create significant workload for the dba team. The are necessary but the process, resources, state, and impacts must be managed.
  • The document Jeff provided is still relevant. The short answer is best practice is to use environment refresh CSRs. Refreshing environments without all stakeholders knowing an environment was refreshed could impact user testing as well as lead to environments being out of sync. As a former Stat user, I also used Environment refreshes to manage the refresh process and make sure it had the appropriate approvals and notifications to all stake holders before the refresh was scheduled and appropriate validation and testing was performed after the refresh before it was released to users. Environment refreshes can be expensive and create significant workload for the dba team. The are necessary but the process, resources, state, and impacts must be managed.
Children
No Data