This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Quest support CITRIX installed versions of STAT?

Will Quest provide support for versions of STAT installed via CITRIX.  We recently upgraded to 6.2.0 and noticed considerable delay retrieving the file server objects when trying to add objects to a CSR.  Our centrally located desktop installed client does not have the same issue.

• Hi Tim,

There is no plan to have a support version of Stat on Citrix right now, but we do have many clients who successfully installed/uses Stat via Citrix. If it's takes a long time to retrieve the file object listing then I would suggest you bring up the command prompt from Citrix machine and type in tracert enter_file_server_host. How many hops does it has to go through vs. the hops from your desktop client?

• Hi Nanci,   

Our agency has been very success running STAT via CITRIX, about 8 years.  This is the first issue with haven't been able to resolve on our own.  Placing the agents is debug mode shows us the time "took" to get the list of file objects - those timing are acceptable.  We think the application is getting the data back within an acceptable time frame.  The slow down appears to happen after the session closes and getting the results to render in the drop down menu. The latency is specific to the file object lists, we don’t see the same latency when rendering the database object lists.   

I’m glad there’s a spot we can post these questions, discuss and share.  I appreciate your time and thanks again for the quick response answering my original question - Tim.

• You are very welcome Tim. Are you running Stat 6.1.0 or 6.2.0? I know there is a difference with the way we retrieve the object listing in 6.1.0 vs. 6.2.0. In Stat 6.2.0, everything is relying on the Rest API and Stat central agent is the one that does the retrieving. In other word, it doesn't rely on the user workstation to have access to the file server port for example. I've search in our KB and it's looks like you are running Stat 6.1.0. From from the Citrix machine, can you try to login to the ftp server using the dos prompt? cd to the directory where the file listing resides and type in dir. How long does it take for the listing to come back from the Citrix server vs. your own workstation? 

• Hi Nanci, We are running 6.2.0, we recently upgraded from 6.1.0.  

I'll need to work through another team to validate the response using the ftp command and dos prompt on our CITRIX server.  I don't have immediate\full access to that server.  

Thanks, Tim.