Trying to add Hyper-V System Center or Failover Cluster or Host: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Any option I tried gives me this error.
I check RPC, WMI, TCP are enabled. FW and AV are off. All on host.
My user is administrator on Cluster and VM host.
I can't add a target to backup!
As I have auto balancing resources on Hyper-V Cluster the host VM change Nodes on a weekly basis and that makes the backup job loses its reference.
What can I do? HELP!

The machine does not appear to be a valid Hyper-V host.  Please check that the Hyper-V role has been correctly installed on it. >> This VM is a host on the Cluster!

Parents
  • Hello Tales,
    I see that you already tried several important steps. Sometimes I see problems with UAC remote restriction. I'm not certain that this will resolve the error but it is a function that could interfere. Below some steps about it.

Regarding the VM changing Nodes and making the backup job lose it's reference, I recommend creating the job in vRanger in the Parent object (The Cluster icon) instead of creating it on the Host or alternatively create a Backup Group (add the desired VMs to protect to it, then create the job on it), that way the job will follow the VM independently of the node where it moves to.

To disable the remote UAC, an entry will need to be made in the registry of the affected target node:

• Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    • Create a DWORD value called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and assign it a value of 1.

A reboot is recommended after creating the entry but try connecting it to vRanger right away just in case.

Windows Registry Disclaimer:

Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry" at Microsoft Support.

• Hello Tales,
    I see that you already tried several important steps. Sometimes I see problems with UAC remote restriction. I'm not certain that this will resolve the error but it is a function that could interfere. Below some steps about it.

Regarding the VM changing Nodes and making the backup job lose it's reference, I recommend creating the job in vRanger in the Parent object (The Cluster icon) instead of creating it on the Host or alternatively create a Backup Group (add the desired VMs to protect to it, then create the job on it), that way the job will follow the VM independently of the node where it moves to.

To disable the remote UAC, an entry will need to be made in the registry of the affected target node:

• Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    • Create a DWORD value called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and assign it a value of 1.

A reboot is recommended after creating the entry but try connecting it to vRanger right away just in case.

Windows Registry Disclaimer:

Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry" at Microsoft Support.

Children