This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change Auditor Coordinator 6.9 and Agent 6.8 issues?

If I upgrade Change Auditor Coordinators to 6.9, is it a requirement to upgrade the Change Auditor Agents on the domain controllers or can those stay at 6.8 for the time being?  Is it known if this would break anything?

• I guess it might work. Question: is it a support scenario officially?
  • Note: .NET 4.6.1 is required for upgrading the CA Agent to 6.9!

David
  • According to the Release Notes for 6.9, "The Change Auditor 6.9 agent requires .NET 4.5.2".

• Solved: As a follow-up, in reviewing the Change Auditor 6.9 Release Notes PDF, "Previous versions of Change Auditor agents (5.8, 5.9, 6.0, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8) can connect and work with the new
    Change Auditor 6.9 coordinator. Direct upgrades to 6.9 are supported from versions 6.0, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8.". So according to this, the domain controllers having 6.8 agents is a supported scenario and will work 6.9 coordinators.

• Wrong!
    I have 4.5.2 installed and it wouldn't install :-). Once 4.6.1 installed it works!
  • No, not wrong. As I said, "according to Quest's PDF" (whether or not this is an accurate statement by Quest in their PDF):

documents.software.dell.com/.../

Also I do not have .Net 4.6.1 installed, only .Net 4.5 and my agents upgraded to 6.9 without any issues. That was my experience which sounds like it was different than yours.
  • But...I think you are correct, David, about the agent not reporting unless .Net 4.6.1 is installed. Nothing reported for several days while I was performing the upgrades. I upgraded .Net to 4.6.1 on one server with 4.5 installed. Once it completed its reboot and I logged in, it started reporting again. Thanks for the tip!

• Hi Jim,
    I tried updating the Agent from the Deployment tab and it returned an error stating that .NET wasn't the correct version (I was running 4.5.2). Since I had 4.6.1 available, after installing it, I was able to update the Agent.

I was finally able to get the Agent updated!
  • None of mine alerted me while upgrading through the Deployment tab. I did have one that kept failing. I had to reboot that server and then it upgraded. I'm having to install .Net 4.6.1 on all of them now because even though they upgraded, they are not reporting events. Again, thank you for the tip on that!
  • Hi Jim, David,
    CA agent should only need .Net Framework 4.5.2. Only Coordinator or Clients need 4.6.1.
    Can you please answer the following questions:
    What OS versions do you have on the servers where you installing the agent?
    What events are you not getting? (AD, File System or something else?)

Thanks,
    Kate