AD Domain group last modified date.

Hi,

I would like to get a report that can give me the last modified date done on a Domain group for example an AD Security Group who members were added/removed and the date.  

• What version of Enterprise Reporter is being used?
  • What discoveries have been run?
  • Active Directory, Computer, Azure Active Directory and Exchange Online.
  • Is there a library report that closely matches what you require?
  • No,
  • What fields are required in the report?
  • AD Security Group Name,  Domain,  member added or removed and Date
  • How does the information in the report need to be sorted?
  • By Date, Security Group Name, UserID
  • What parameters are required for filtering the report?
  • AD Security Group Name, Object modified and Date
  • How will this report be viewed? For example, will the report be viewed in report display, exported to CSV, or exported to PDF?

Exported to CSV

Parents
  • Hi Jose,

In Enterprise Reporter (ER), when we are collecting groups and members, we can collect the ModifiedDate of the group from Active Directory. This attribute will tell you when the group was changed, but not what changed with the group.

We do have a Change History feature which will show additions and removals from groups as well as changes to other properties, but these changes will be dated with the time of the collection, not the time of the actual removal/addition of the member to the group.

Just want to confirm, if you want the report based on the discovery collection date as explained above or based on the date when it was added/removed to the Active Directory Group?

Thanks

Naureen

• Hi Naureen,

If I get the report based on the discovery collection date and not what changd with the group what would be the outcome (data) ?   Can you give me an example?

• For example:

There is a report in the library called 'Domain Group Membership Change History' which requires for the change history feature to be enabled. 

For example:

Group 'DomainGroup1' created and members (Member1 and Member2) added on 10/06/2019
    AD Discovery run date (Collection Date): 12/06/2019

Added another member (Member3) on 13/06/2019
    AD Discovery run date (Collection Date): 14/06/2019

Member2 removed on 15/06/2019
    AD Discovery run date (Collection Date): 16/06/2019

The report will show dates like:

Thanks

Naureen

• Hi Naureen,

Yes that might work I can try it.

Regards

• Hi Jose,

Just wondering, if you get a chance to run the report. Just to let you know, you can enable Change History from System Configuration page in the Configuration Manager and you can get the above mentioned report from Change History -> Domain Group Membership Change History in Report Manager.

Thanks
    Naureen

• Hi Jose,

Just wondering, if you get a chance to run the report. Just to let you know, you can enable Change History from System Configuration page in the Configuration Manager and you can get the above mentioned report from Change History -> Domain Group Membership Change History in Report Manager.

Thanks
    Naureen

Children