Isilon discovery

Hello all-

I'm trying to setup discovery of shares on an Isilon.

The Isilon exists in a parent domain.  Per the Isilon admin, they've created a virtual AD object in a child domain that represents the shares on the Isilon that we have access to.  This virtual object does not resolve to an IP address.  The service account we have been given to do discovery does not have access to the Isilon admin url in order to create a NAS configuration for File System Analysis discovery.

Our primary goal is to collect the groups assigned share and NTFS permissions on the shared Isilon folders.

Any ideas how I can configure discovery to achive the desired goal?

TIA,

Shawn

Parents
  • Have you looked at this article.

Also there is this forum discussion

There is also this section of the product documentation

• Thank you for the suggestions, JohnnyQuest.

I was able to add the parent object to an NTFS discovery by using the FQDN of the object.  However, discovery only succeded for the first share alphabetically.  Each other share returned a "Not a valid path" error. 

I would like to attempt to add the explicit share paths, but I don't see that option ER 3.5.  When I attempt to import a UNC path as shown in the screenshot from Clarence.Hemeon in the discussion you linked above, I get an error about the computer name containing illegal characters.

Is adding explicit paths still an option in 3.5?

Thank you

• Thank you for the suggestions, JohnnyQuest.

I was able to add the parent object to an NTFS discovery by using the FQDN of the object.  However, discovery only succeded for the first share alphabetically.  Each other share returned a "Not a valid path" error. 

I would like to attempt to add the explicit share paths, but I don't see that option ER 3.5.  When I attempt to import a UNC path as shown in the screenshot from Clarence.Hemeon in the discussion you linked above, I get an error about the computer name containing illegal characters.

Is adding explicit paths still an option in 3.5?

Thank you

Children
No Data