This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic Managed Component question

I would like to create a dynamic managed component query to create a service. I would like the service to contain Net Monitor Devices but only those that also have an Oracle agent on the host that the Net Monitor is checking. I was hoping to use a query such as:

NetMonitorDevice where deviceReference.referredObject.agents instanceof DBO_Agent_Model 

but this does not work as an error says the NetMonitorDevice does not have a property "agents". I thought I was doing a "walk along a property path" because I could follow this path in the script console, but maybe not.

Is what I would like to do possible?

Thanks,

Kris 

Parents
  • Hello Kris,

That basically should work, walking along the property path. Often people just use the wrong name for the property or need to go further down the path.

Not tested (but you need to atleast do something like)

NetMonitorDevice where host.agents instanceof DBO_Agent_Model

But this may fail since agents is a list of objects.

Your error looks like you tried: "NetMonitorDevice where agents instanceof DBO_Agent_Model", that will not work, since agents are not directly connected to the Netmonitor, instead they are attached to the host.
  • Hello Kris,

That basically should work, walking along the property path. Often people just use the wrong name for the property or need to go further down the path.

Not tested (but you need to atleast do something like)

NetMonitorDevice where host.agents instanceof DBO_Agent_Model

But this may fail since agents is a list of objects.

Your error looks like you tried: "NetMonitorDevice where agents instanceof DBO_Agent_Model", that will not work, since agents are not directly connected to the Netmonitor, instead they are attached to the host.
Children
No Data