This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating a report from Service Builder

How do I create a Report from a Newly created Service under Service builder for two VMs and report on their CPU, Memory and Drive size for the past month ?

I seem to have the Service completed but when I choose report  at the Top right and change the date, I don't see my service I created anymore .. Thanks

• Hi Cindy,

I would start checking if the service was created correctly. Please see the custom service I created below:

Then, go to Reports / Run a report, and select Virtual_Machines_Utilization. Here you can pick the "summary" or "detail" version.

When setting input parameters, use "Last Month", then, under "Services with VMware Components" select the service you created (see screenshot below)

This should allow you to run the report with the data you requested.

Update: after writing this post, noticed you tried running the report from the service builder. That should work. Just remember to look for your service under "Services with VMware Components". Important. Notice the first screenshot I pasted. The VMs say (VMWVirtualMachine) near the name. It is crucial you add them as Virtual Machines (as opposed of adding them as host objects).

I hope this helps,

Gaston.