This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SQL server memory settings for new Foglight monitoring server

Hi Experts,

I'm keep on getting thePopup message while adding servers into the foglight monitoring tool.

Can you please suggest me whether i have to configure the SQL memory settings or Foglight any config files need to change the memory settings?If yes where i have to change it? is there any default path?

Please guide me on this how to proceed further.

Agent Manager has insufficient memory allocation.
Memory allocation needs to be increased by at least 320MB according to the deployment guide.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

RAJ

Parents
  • Thank you so much john for your quick help,so no need to configure the memory settings for Foglight and whenever requires it will take automatically from the OS directly? and is there possibility or any configuration file that can we set max cap memory setting for foglight?

Because noticed foglight services was stopped due to Virtual memory issue and when i tried to start ,its running and after a minute again back to stop state,seems like some virtual memory issue on the server,if i have added more 10 DB agents then which requires 8GB RAM and 6144MB from OS? which means my OS is 16GB,that means its not sufficient to run the foglight sevices? so i have to increase the memory to 24GB at least?
    Please suggest me how to proceed further .

Best Regards,
    RAJ
  • Thank you so much john for your quick help,so no need to configure the memory settings for Foglight and whenever requires it will take automatically from the OS directly? and is there possibility or any configuration file that can we set max cap memory setting for foglight?

Because noticed foglight services was stopped due to Virtual memory issue and when i tried to start ,its running and after a minute again back to stop state,seems like some virtual memory issue on the server,if i have added more 10 DB agents then which requires 8GB RAM and 6144MB from OS? which means my OS is 16GB,that means its not sufficient to run the foglight sevices? so i have to increase the memory to 24GB at least?
    Please suggest me how to proceed further .

Best Regards,
    RAJ
Children
No Data