This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SQL server memory settings for new Foglight monitoring server

Hi Experts,

I'm keep on getting thePopup message while adding servers into the foglight monitoring tool.

Can you please suggest me whether i have to configure the SQL memory settings or Foglight any config files need to change the memory settings?If yes where i have to change it? is there any default path?

Please guide me on this how to proceed further.

Agent Manager has insufficient memory allocation.
Memory allocation needs to be increased by at least 320MB according to the deployment guide.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

RAJ

Parents
  • Hi Raj,

Based on the description of the issues it sounds like your Agent Manager does not have enough memory available to run. Without all of the details of the environment, I cannot make a general sizing recommendation as it should consider architecture items including:

• Locations for the FMS, FglAM, PI repository, Foglight repository
    • Number of agents
    • Is PI is being enabled for all or some the agents?
    • What other cartridges are installed?
    • What operating systems are used for the components
    • Are reservations set for virtual machines?
    • How is Antivirus scanning configured on the Foglight servers?

If memory is available on the OS then the auto-negotiation should allocate the memory appropriately. Each component however on a server (FMS, FglAM, etc) contributes to the overall memory usage. 

I recommend reviewing the Foglight for Databases deployment guide sizing chart. The guide is available for download from Supportlink. You can also work with a Solution Consultant or Support Engineer to review your architecture and provide the appropriate recommendations.

John

• Hi Raj,

Based on the description of the issues it sounds like your Agent Manager does not have enough memory available to run. Without all of the details of the environment, I cannot make a general sizing recommendation as it should consider architecture items including:

• Locations for the FMS, FglAM, PI repository, Foglight repository
    • Number of agents
    • Is PI is being enabled for all or some the agents?
    • What other cartridges are installed?
    • What operating systems are used for the components
    • Are reservations set for virtual machines?
    • How is Antivirus scanning configured on the Foglight servers?

If memory is available on the OS then the auto-negotiation should allocate the memory appropriately. Each component however on a server (FMS, FglAM, etc) contributes to the overall memory usage. 

I recommend reviewing the Foglight for Databases deployment guide sizing chart. The guide is available for download from Supportlink. You can also work with a Solution Consultant or Support Engineer to review your architecture and provide the appropriate recommendations.

John

Children
No Data