No server monitoring from Foglight

This question has been hounding me and figured I'd ask it here but keep searching for an answer.

One of my sql servers is running fine but Foglight' dashboard is showing dashes where the system utilization\up since are at.  I can ping it from the agent manager, and it is gathering sql server PI data as well.

What do I need to check or change to get this to start gathering OS information?

Parents
  • Hi John,

The OS column shows that there is (at least looks to be) an agent. If you click the host name, it should take you to an OS dashboard - is data showing there?

If not, can you verify in the Administration -> Agent Status page that the Windows/Linux agent for that host is up and collecting data? Does it show a recent value in the Last Data Submission column of that page? Can you also check the log file for any errors?

In the Databases dashboard, click the box for the instance, then Admin -> Settings -> Collection Details. Can you test the connection (and verify there is a green check on the OS column)?

Are there any credential errors?

Aside from those checks.. if that doesn't resolve it, I would suggest a support case.

• This whole issue just took another odd turn.
    According to Foglight, Operating System dashboard, nothing is working. 

But if I now click on the dash inside the "Total CPU Usage" object, select the same time period as above.  I get all kinds of data that it had collected.

So apparently it is collecting data in some manner but not showing it on the overview. 

Anyone have any ideas?

• Hi John,

Have you tried a validate connectivity in the SQL Server agent administration. The SQL Server agent uses a WinRM or WMI connection from the database agent on the FglAM to the host for the CPU and Memory metrics. The HostAgent is used for the Disk Metrics. Trying the validate connectivity should provide you with an error that the OS connection fails or succeeds.

The HostAgent could have a different issue. If you are getting the SQL PI data then the database connection works. The OS connection is the second part of the validate connectivity test in Agent Admin.

John

• Hi John,

Have you tried a validate connectivity in the SQL Server agent administration. The SQL Server agent uses a WinRM or WMI connection from the database agent on the FglAM to the host for the CPU and Memory metrics. The HostAgent is used for the Disk Metrics. Trying the validate connectivity should provide you with an error that the OS connection fails or succeeds.

The HostAgent could have a different issue. If you are getting the SQL PI data then the database connection works. The OS connection is the second part of the validate connectivity test in Agent Admin.

John

Children
No Data