Resource Consumption in a customized dashboard

I'm looking to try to create a customized dashboard to show, perhaps, 9 of our instances and a corresponding "Resource Consumption" (from SQL PI) screen for each instance so we can seem them quickly at a glance.  The link below will explain what graph I'm trying to implement:

I've been at this for several hours and can't figure out how to get this accomplished.  Could someone give me an idea of how to take care of this?  Or is there another way to accomplish what I'm am trying to do?

Thanks!!

Parents
  • So here's the short of what is included in the attached update to the Database Expansion Pack.  I have added a "View" which can be used in custom dashboards to show the instance level categorized wait statistics.  This is effectively the same as the PI instance overview graph that you included above.  To use this view, create your own custom dashboard, and in the data model, navigate to an instance of SQL Server that you wish to include.  Grab the instance name, and drag it into your dashboard, selecting "Select a View".  In the resulting pop up, navigate to DB Expansion Pack -> SQL Server -> Views, and select the InstanceWaitStats view.  You can rinse and repeat this process for as many servers as you wish to include in your custom dashboard.  I've recorded a short video of this process below, which you can follow along with after you have deployed the new DB Expansion Pack cartridge.  In a follow up post, I'll provide brief instructions on how this was created.

Database Expansion Pack 6.6.2: 

Database_Expansion_Pack-6_6_2.zip

Walkthrough Video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/OGIpG33UaHY

Screenshot of final result:

• So here's the short of what is included in the attached update to the Database Expansion Pack.  I have added a "View" which can be used in custom dashboards to show the instance level categorized wait statistics.  This is effectively the same as the PI instance overview graph that you included above.  To use this view, create your own custom dashboard, and in the data model, navigate to an instance of SQL Server that you wish to include.  Grab the instance name, and drag it into your dashboard, selecting "Select a View".  In the resulting pop up, navigate to DB Expansion Pack -> SQL Server -> Views, and select the InstanceWaitStats view.  You can rinse and repeat this process for as many servers as you wish to include in your custom dashboard.  I've recorded a short video of this process below, which you can follow along with after you have deployed the new DB Expansion Pack cartridge.  In a follow up post, I'll provide brief instructions on how this was created.

Database Expansion Pack 6.6.2: 

Database_Expansion_Pack-6_6_2.zip

Walkthrough Video:

https://www.screencast.com/t/OGIpG33UaHY

Screenshot of final result:

Children
No Data