Is it possible to customize Sensitivity Levels to make them more useful?

We are the beginning stages of setting the application up as we desire, but there's something a bit frustrating as I mentioned in a reply here: (+) Enable alarms by database group - Forum - Foglight - Quest Community

While the product ships with 4 Rule Sensitivity Levels that are named for certain situations, it doesn't seem like there's an option to rename those or create new ones. Those levels seem to make the most sense to me as a way to classify a set of Alarms at a high enough level where you can apply them to a group of servers and know that nothing is being missed.

I understand that there's some up-sale for custom items, but in this case is there any documentation anywhere showing how to do this or if it's possible?

Thanks,
Jason

• Hello Jason,

if I understand properly, you want to rename the existing templates for example from "Normal" to "Prod" or "Tuning" to "Dev" so it matches more with the terminology you use in your company. Correct? And you want to create your own templates.

As far as I can see that is not possible currently.

I can find a similar request on our idea portal and one of them is marked as "Planned" but I cannot say when it and how it will be implemented.

Let me see if I can get more details for you.

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Thanks , That would be a start.

Also, is there a way to export the current set of default sensitivity levels in case we modified one and then wanted to set it back or if an update altered the setup we wanted and we needed to reapply it? Are there options for either of those scenarios? I hope that makes sense.

• Hello Jason,

I got further details.
    There are several enhancements for the alarm templates coming in the next release. That release should include: create your own template, clone templates, delete templates, change thresholds in templates, ...
    Exactly what you are asking for.

As we just released 5.9.7, there is not final release date for 5.9.8. It is planned for Q1 2021, but according to test cycles and the results this plan can change.
    I think beginning 2021 we have more information regarding the release date.

Kind Regards
    Nicola