Forwarding Alarms Via a Rule and Script

It appears Foglight for Integrations 5.9.4 (and earlier version) describes the interface as having tabs in "Forwarding Alarms to Third-Party Systems" but such tabs do not exist.  Further, it states a need to have a groovy script counter part but goes into no details on even what that means and doesn't provide an inventory of variables or any syntax to use in the application in order to pass along the data.

When I contacted support, they had no other documentation besides this.  As a work around they suggested I "copy" the Integration Cartridges' Alarm Integration rule and attempted to modify it.   This worked to a point.  Specifically, the copy enabled me to pass the event object but when it hit the script it simply passed the text "DataObject of type foglight-5:AlarmSystemEvent for datasource: foglight-5:foglight-5 :/anonymous/315e5e2b-6b89-4979-87b5-934c1c6a80fd"  So not terribly helpful

Script:

#############################################################################

# PROGRAM: sendTest.ps1             Daniel L. Needles          12/15/2020   #

# PURPOSE: Writes Alarm info locally.                                       #

# USAGE:   powershell "c:\temp\foglightNotificationTest.ps1" @event         #

# EXAMPLE: powershell C:\TEMP\sendTest.ps1 "This is a test and only a test" #

#############################################################################

write-output "Ran" | Out-File -FilePath "C:\TEMP\ran.txt"

$unixSecondsTag = (New-Timespan -Start (Get-Date 01/01/1970) -End (Get-Date)).TotalSeconds | Out-String

$outfile = 'C:\TEMP\Alarm-' + "$unixSecondsTag".replace("`n",'').replace("`r",'') + '.txt'

write-output "$args" | Out-File -FilePath "$outfile"

So I tried to access to object and pass that such as  @event.get("alarmID")   However, this simply caused everything to stop working without reporting any errors.  I also was unable to identify any logs to see what the product thought was going on in order to iterate to a solution.

Next, I tried to reference the other variables directly. Again, nothing happened and again there were no logs, errors, etc.  I suspect this is where the groovy script writing comes into play but besides the passing reference I have found nothing on that. 

Finally, after searching via Google and Quest FU, I found only scant indirect information on this topic.

Has anyone gotten Forwarding Alarms to work?  If so is there a handy RTFM note, PDF, etc anywhere?