This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why are there no recent 8.7 notifications after the bug I reported?

I reported a bug back in November wherein we were getting errors during the Log Shipping Copy Job on the secondary.  I was given a "prototype" build to use as a hotfix and told to watch the release board.  I have yet to see any mention of this bug out on the any of the boards or notifications.  Why is that?

Parents
  • Hello,

Please note that LS-1194 is the CR number. The issue you were having "]Backup file is not locked during the backup process (so it can be copied or used by some other processes)" has been addressed in Litespeed version 8.8.

Hope this helps,

-Ben-

• Hello,

Please note that LS-1194 is the CR number. The issue you were having "]Backup file is not locked during the backup process (so it can be copied or used by some other processes)" has been addressed in Litespeed version 8.8.

Hope this helps,

-Ben-

Children
  • No, Ben, that does not help.  I already knew that - I just gave you the same information. 

I would like to know why it isn't addressed anywhere on the site - go ahead and search for LS-1194 or LiteSpeed 8.8.  I would like to know why I went down an upgrade path when there was a known bug that wasn't disclosed.  I reported the problem in November and was immediately given an undocumented, unofficial hotfix which means it was known well before November and possibly even as early as September when I started the process.

I would like other 8.7 perspective buyers/users to know this bug exists - not locking a file before it is copied is kind of a show stopper for anyone using log shipping.  If Quest isn't going to document it for the general public, then hopefully this thread will help (if it isn't deleted).  Had I seen something like this when I was researching the upgrade path for our company, I certainly would not have installed it.