This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why are there no recent 8.7 notifications after the bug I reported?

I reported a bug back in November wherein we were getting errors during the Log Shipping Copy Job on the secondary.  I was given a "prototype" build to use as a hotfix and told to watch the release board.  I have yet to see any mention of this bug out on the any of the boards or notifications.  Why is that?

• Hello,

What CR number where you given for this issue?

Thanks

• I didn't have a CR number, rather an SR number - 4397496.  I was told the fix would be appearing in the 8.8 GA release sometime in Q1.  The bug number is LS-1194 and I still don't see it in the release notes for 8.7.

• Hello,

Please note that LS-1194 is the CR number. The issue you were having "]Backup file is not locked during the backup process (so it can be copied or used by some other processes)" has been addressed in Litespeed version 8.8.

Hope this helps,

-Ben-

• No, Ben, that does not help.  I already knew that - I just gave you the same information. 

I would like to know why it isn't addressed anywhere on the site - go ahead and search for LS-1194 or LiteSpeed 8.8.  I would like to know why I went down an upgrade path when there was a known bug that wasn't disclosed.  I reported the problem in November and was immediately given an undocumented, unofficial hotfix which means it was known well before November and possibly even as early as September when I started the process.

I would like other 8.7 perspective buyers/users to know this bug exists - not locking a file before it is copied is kind of a show stopper for anyone using log shipping.  If Quest isn't going to document it for the general public, then hopefully this thread will help (if it isn't deleted).  Had I seen something like this when I was researching the upgrade path for our company, I certainly would not have installed it.

• Hello,

The issue in LS-1194 was first reported in 10/3/2018. The bug is a regression bug which means it was found after the release of LS 8.7. and therefor not likely to be in the release notes for LS 8.7.

Please note You were given a 8.7 patch that was made for the issue.

Outside of that there is not much I can tell you. 

You may wish to contact support with your case number for additional help with your concerns.

Thanks,

-Ben-

• My only concern is that there is no documentation on the Quest site that would provide direction or warning to users.  That is my only complaint.  If the bug was first reported barely 2 weeks before we encountered it, then my applause Quest for turning around a fix so quickly.

• Hello,

I will forward your request\concern for additional online documentation for the issue reported in LS 1194 to support.

They will, in turn, create a KB article and decide on other routes of notification.

Hope that helps,

-Ben-