This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why are there no recent 8.7 notifications after the bug I reported?

I reported a bug back in November wherein we were getting errors during the Log Shipping Copy Job on the secondary.  I was given a "prototype" build to use as a hotfix and told to watch the release board.  I have yet to see any mention of this bug out on the any of the boards or notifications.  Why is that?

Parents
  • Hello,

The issue in LS-1194 was first reported in 10/3/2018. The bug is a regression bug which means it was found after the release of LS 8.7. and therefor not likely to be in the release notes for LS 8.7.

Please note You were given a 8.7 patch that was made for the issue.

Outside of that there is not much I can tell you. 

You may wish to contact support with your case number for additional help with your concerns.

Thanks,

-Ben-

• Hello,

The issue in LS-1194 was first reported in 10/3/2018. The bug is a regression bug which means it was found after the release of LS 8.7. and therefor not likely to be in the release notes for LS 8.7.

Please note You were given a 8.7 patch that was made for the issue.

Outside of that there is not much I can tell you. 

You may wish to contact support with your case number for additional help with your concerns.

Thanks,

-Ben-

Children
  • My only concern is that there is no documentation on the Quest site that would provide direction or warning to users.  That is my only complaint.  If the bug was first reported barely 2 weeks before we encountered it, then my applause Quest for turning around a fix so quickly.