Unable to restore a backup created in Azure Australia outside of Australia

I'm unable to restore DB backups that are created in Azure Australia, into SQL Servers that are in Azure US or an internal lab (in the US). The same DBs created using native SQL restore fine.

Please help.

Parents
  • Hello Jeff,

Please open a support case as we will need to review Litespeed logs taken while the issue is reproduced.

Thanks,

-Ben-

• Anybody out there in the free-support world have an answer? I don't maintain a support agreement for LiteSpeed.

Ben, can you at least indicate if there is any kind of configuration within LiteSpeed to control this? Could my problem be that my xps (or LiteSpeed console) on my US-based environment are too old for the bkp format created in the AU-based environment?

• Hello Jeff,

What is LiteSpeed version do you use?

Alexander.

• Hello Jeff,

QUESTION:  Can you at least indicate if there is any kind of configuration within LiteSpeed to control this?

ANSWER: I would need to know the error being returned when this process fails. Do you recall what error you saw?

QUESTION: Could my problem be that my xps (or LiteSpeed console) on my US-based environment are too old for the bkp format created in the AU-based environment?

ANSWER: As Alexander asked what version of Litespeed are you using? This will allow us to review if there is a known issue with the version of Litespeed you're using.

Thanks,

-Ben-

• Hello Jeff,

The team also ask what  exact specific regions are being used in your restore process?

Thanks,

-Ben-

• Hi, you're working with Paul actually. Jeff is not in our team anymore, but I couldn't change his email address in the profile.

The version doing the backup and encryption is 8.8. This is happening in AU-Central.

The restores are being done using version 8.0. They are mostly happening on an internal lab, in the US. I've also tried on Litespeed v8.0 in the Azure US-east region, which failed. Using Litespeed 8.0 to restore a native SQL (2008 R2) backup from AU-Central work fine.

Below is the error shown by the Litespeed 8.0 console, when trying to load a bkp file created by Litespeed 8.8 in Azure AU-Central.

In the Select Backup Files dialog (after selecting recovery from disk object), then select the BKP file from the file system. The error says "the operation completed with errors". The details are "LiteSpeed SQL Server could not open the backup file C:\example.bkp. Make sure the backup exists and is not in use". ... to answer the obvious, the file is there and it is not in use.

So, maybe that's the problem, backups created with 8.8 cannot be restored by 8.0.

• Hi, you're working with Paul actually. Jeff is not in our team anymore, but I couldn't change his email address in the profile.

The version doing the backup and encryption is 8.8. This is happening in AU-Central.

The restores are being done using version 8.0. They are mostly happening on an internal lab, in the US. I've also tried on Litespeed v8.0 in the Azure US-east region, which failed. Using Litespeed 8.0 to restore a native SQL (2008 R2) backup from AU-Central work fine.

Below is the error shown by the Litespeed 8.0 console, when trying to load a bkp file created by Litespeed 8.8 in Azure AU-Central.

In the Select Backup Files dialog (after selecting recovery from disk object), then select the BKP file from the file system. The error says "the operation completed with errors". The details are "LiteSpeed SQL Server could not open the backup file C:\example.bkp. Make sure the backup exists and is not in use". ... to answer the obvious, the file is there and it is not in use.

So, maybe that's the problem, backups created with 8.8 cannot be restored by 8.0.

Children