This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't open attachment

can't open attachment
  • Hi Richard,

May I know what exactly happens when you attempt to open an attachment? Are you getting an error message? If yes, please provide a screenshot or the exact error message.

Regards,

Cyrus

• Hi Cyrus,

Yes, I get an error message - I've attached the email itself (#1) showing the pdf attachment with html suffix, the message I get when I click on the attachment icon (#2), and also a screenshot of what I get when I click the link in the #2 screen.

Some additional info... I'm realizing we had a similar issue last year & had opened a case then as well. Apparently a Microsoft Update to Outlook broke something related to Metalogix & I was provided with registry changes to fix the issue. Has there been a recent Microsoft Update that again is causing issues with Metalogix function?

I think there may actually be two issues here because the #3 attachment shows a URL starting with 173.163.180.241 which is a static IP we used to have but has recently been changed & is now 23.31.249.65

By the way, I don't have any issues opening the attachment using Outlook Web.

thanks for your help,

Richard

• Cyrus, It doesn't look like all 3 of my screen shots got attached to my response, so I'll send them separately. Richard

• Cyrus, Last of 3 snapshots (but they are in reverse order of how I wanted to send them). Rich

• Hi Richard,

There hasn't been any reported issue with recent Microsoft updates. Can you please run through the article below again and ensure that you apply the registry files and changes for the correct Outlook version that you are using?

Your form cache is probably corrupt

metalogix.force.com/.../Your-form-cache-is-probably-corrupt-message

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Cyrus

• OK, thanks. I’ll try that fix and provide an update. Not sure it can be today. Regarding the IP address issue, can you tell me where to change my static IP address that the PAM link uses? thanks, Richard
  • Hi Richard,

Please refer to the article below:

How to change the Archive server's IP address

metalogix.force.com/.../How-to-change-the-Archive-server-s-IP-address

Regards,

Cyrus