Upgrade Path from AM for Exchange 8.1.1.26

Hello, 

I have searched all of the documentation I could find, and I'm trying to find out what the Upgrade Path is for Metalogix Archive Manager 8.1.1.26 to the Current Version. 

Can I run the 8.8 Upgrade on the existing environment? Or are there steps in-between? Thanks!

• Thank you for reaching out to Metalogix support. I understand you're seeking guidance on the upgrade path for Metalogix Archive Manager from version 8.1.1.26 to the current version.

The direct upgrade path from Metalogix Archive Manager 8.1.1.26 to the current version, which is 8.8.1, is not supported. There are intermediate steps involved to ensure a successful and seamless migration process.

To upgrade your Metalogix Archive Manager environment, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.4: Download and install the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.4 upgrade package. This will update your system to a stable intermediate version.

1. Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.6: After successfully upgrading to version 8.4, proceed to install the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.6 upgrade package. This will further enhance your system's capabilities.

1. Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7: Once you've upgraded to version 8.6, apply the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7 upgrade package. This will move your system closer to the current version.

1. Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8.1: Finally, install the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8.1 upgrade package. This will bring your system up to the current version, ensuring you have access to the latest features owespeedtest and shagle functionalities.

• The upgrade path for Metalogix Archive Manager 8.1.1.26 to the current version is as follows:

Step 1: Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7

To upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7, you will need to follow the instructions in the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7 Upgrade Guide. The Upgrade Guide can be found on the Metalogix website.

Step 2: Upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8

To upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8, you will need to follow the instructions in the Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8 Upgrade Guide. The Upgrade Guide can be found on the Metalogix website.

Important: You cannot upgrade directly from Metalogix Archive Manager 8.1.1.26 to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.8. You must first upgrade to Metalogix Archive Manager 8.7.

Please note that the upgrade process can be complex and should only be performed by experienced IT personnel. If you are not comfortable performing the upgrade yourself, you should contact Metalogix support for assistance.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when upgrading Metalogix Archive Manager:

• Back up your data: Before you begin the upgrade process, make sure you have a complete backup of your data. This will allow you to restore your data in case of any problems during the upgrade.

• Test the upgrade in a staging environment: If possible, test the upgrade in a staging environment before you deploy it to your production environment. This will help you to identify and resolve any potential problems before they affect your users.

• Follow the upgrade guide carefully: The upgrade guide provides detailed instructions on how to upgrade Metalogix Archive Manager. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems.

• Contact Metalogix support for assistance: If you encounter any problems during the upgrade process, you can contact Metalogix support for assistance.

I hope this helps!