This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We are doing migration from SP2010 to SharePoint Online. All working well except one library is not keeping the modified and created date. It gets changed to the new date when migration happed. Any advise?

We are doing migration from SP2010 to SharePoint Online. All working well except one library is not keeping the modified and created date. It gets changed to the new date when migration happed. Any advise?
  • Hi Anuj,

Can you please provide which connection type you are using for the migration (CSOM or Azure API)?

Kind Regards

• Hi Eliza, we are migrating SharePoint 2010 to online. and the connection type set is 'Auto Detect'

• Hello Mayur and Anuj,

Please try the following:

1) Add connections without "AutoDetect".  Add new connection with:

"Authentication Type" CSOM;

Connection Type: O365 Standard/ADFS

2) Migrate the list using a "Paste List" job with Migration API enabled (Use Azure/SPO Containers under List options)

Kind Regards

• Hi Eliza,

While trying the above steps the list is getting copied but the items in it did not copy.

After checking logs, I found the error:

Exception: UploadManagerAzureStorageConnectionString has not been defined. Please ensure this contains a valid storage account key in EnvironmentSettings.xml or Configuration Database

I tried looking for file EnvironmentSettings.XML but could not find it. Please advise.

• Hello Mayur,

For azure pipeline settings, you can try the below instructions: 

1. Close the Content Matrix Console. 

2. Go to C:\ProgramData\_Metalogix 

3. Go to Metalogix folder and edit the EnvironmentSettings.XML 

4. Find the following entry and enter the correct values: 

• XmlableEntry><Key>UploadManagerAzureStorageConnectionString</Key><Value>DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName="ACCOUNT NAME";AccountKey="ACCOUNT KEY"</Value></XmlableEntry>- 

• <XmlableEntry><Key>UploadManagerLocalTemporaryStorageLocation</Key><Value>"CREATE A FOLDER IN C DRIVE"</Value></XmlableEntry>

Kind Regards

• Hi Eliza,

I could not find EnvironmentSettings.XML file on mentioned path. Please suggest

• Hi Eliza,

Please suggest as I could not find EnvironmentSettings.XML file