This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

upgrade button is missing in ControlPoint configuration wizard

I am trying to upgrade ControlPoint on  a SharePoint 2010 farm.

The current ControlPoint version ​is 4.5 and I am trying to upgrade the version to latest 7.5.

After the first phase of installing the files, I got the configuration window with only one option which is "Configure or Modify ControlPoint". The "Upgrade ControlPoint" section is missing according your Install manual page 36. please advise.

• Hi Alfi,

Make sure that you run the correct installer. For Sharepoint 2010 farm click on the link below.

metalogixcdn.azureedge.net/.../ControlPoint_V7_5_2642_1_2010_Standard.zip

If the only option is "Configure or Modify ControlPoint", you may run it to update your ControlPoint and under Manage ControlPoint Licenses dialog box, select the 4th radio button, click on "Manage Licenses" and "Record Licenses" buttons to update your license, and click "Close" to dismiss the dialog.

Regards,

Bianca

• Thank you for your answer, I have used the correct version as you pointed out. However when trying to use the ​"Configure or Modify ControlPoint" I am being prompted to select a new configuration DB for control point, and  I am not sure if I need to reuse the exiting one, or create a new one for the newer version. any ideas ?

• Hi Alfi,

If you want to retain your existing data, click Yes to reuse the database. Otherwise click No and specify the SQL Server where you want to reside the xcAdmin database to reside.

Regards,

Bianca