This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have 7 sharepoint sites that I am backing up. one of them freezes at a particular file what can I do to help finish this backup. because it freezes, it holds up backups of the next 2 jobs in its queue

I have 7 sharepoint sites that I am backing up. one of them freezes at a particular file what can I do to help finish this backup. because it freezes, it holds up backups of the next 2 jobs in its queue
  • Hi Robb,

I would recommend trying the following steps to help resolve the issue with backup's freezing -

1.Increase RAM allocated to the tool in Help > Profile Manager > Memory Management.

2. Increase the number of Copy Threads of the tool in Help > Global Variables > Profile Manager.

3. Set Slow Query Method to True in Help > Global Variables > Profile Manager of the tool.

4. Deselect items that can cause performance issues.

• Certain types of content will increase the duration of a backup or migration. Any list or library that does not have inherited permissions, including folders within that list or library, will cause the tool to have to read all the permissions of all content within that list or library. To prevent this, deselect "Include Permissions". Any list or library that has many versions will also prolong a backup or migration. To prevent this, de-select “Include Versions” or, if versions are required, limit the number of versions. Any list or library that has many metadata columns, or a moderate amount of lookup type columns will also prolong a backup or migration operation. Lookup type columns can include choice columns, lookup columns and people picker columns.

5. Break up migration or backup operations into smaller, more manageable projects

For further information on improving performance, please refer to the following documentation:

>> www.metalogix.com/.../Metalogix-Essentials-for-Office-365-and-Drives-Performance-Optimization-Guide.pdf

Kind Regards,

Eliza

• This has now made things worse. Now It is not responding and now the service account I use to set the backups locks every time. Robb Sparks / businessolver / Network Administrator OFFICE 515.273.1577 / MOBILE 515.689.7811 / rsparks@businessolver.com [cid:image003.png@01D3AEE1.711C96D0] Includer / Responsibility / Positivity / Woo / Restorative businessolver.com This message and its attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and its attachments.